Re: [Nmh-workers] why does mhfixmsg dislike long text lines?

2018-01-22 19:51:43
Ken wrote:

That's a question for David, since mhfixmsg is his baby.  I would suggest
that was probably an oversight and he might fix it at some point (and
by "fix it" I mean, "refuse to decode it", but that's up to him).

I thought that mhfixmsg DID refuse to decode it:

  mhfixmsg: /tmp/msg, will not decode text/html;  charset="UTF-8" because
it is binary (line length > 998)

Well, Steven also said that it worked fine for a super-long text/html
part that was quoted-printable, that's what I was specifically referring
to.  But I see that the check in mhfixmsg should occur for either base64
or quoted-printable, so maybe there was a CR/LF in there that wasn't
obvious.

I still see nothing broken here.  Counterexamples welcome.

David

--
Nmh-workers