Re: [Nmh-workers] why does mhfixmsg dislike long text lines?

2018-01-24 00:13:57
   mhfixmsg: Don't know how to convert /home/smw/Mail/reformatted/17352,
             there is no mhfixmsg-format-text/html profile entry

...which makes sense because I don't know what to put in that profile entry.

Is there a mhfixmsg-format-text/html line in your mhn.defaults?

Yes:

   # grep mhfixmsg-format-text/html /local/pkg/nmh/root-nmh-1.7/etc/mhn.defaults
   mhfixmsg-format-text/html: charset=%{charset}; /usr/bin/lynx -child -dump
-force_html ${charset:+--assume_charset} ${charset:+"$charset"} %F | expand |
sed -e 's/^   //' -e 's/  *$//'

Of course I can just copy this entry into my .mh_profile, and I'll try that
tomorrow when I have some time -- but it sounds like you're suggesting that
the entry in /local/pkg/nmh/root-nmh-1.7/etc/mhn.defaults should be picked
up directory from there, and that isn't happening.

I thought Ken said the RFC 5322 limit was 998.  But...

Right.  He also noted that he's had problems with insertion of '!' in long
lines of HTML.

What about the idea of reformatting the text/html part to reduce the line
width?  I've been playing with tidy (AKA html-tidy), and it's capable of
transforming the HTML message I received last week from a single line of
42187 characters into a version with 1896 lines with a maximum line width
of 138.

Is there a way to get mhfixmsg to decode the base64 and then run it through
tidy with a given set of command-line options?

     - Steven
Steven Winikoff                |
Concordia University           | "The end of the world will occur at
Montreal, QC, Canada           |  3:00 p.m., this Friday, with symposium
Steven.Winikoff@concordia.ca   |  to follow."

--
Nmh-workers