Re: [Nmh-workers] why does mhfixmsg dislike long text lines?

2018-01-23 04:37:38
Hi Steven,

...so when a message clearly contains

shouldn't that mean we don't need to test the decoded content to see
if it's binary or not?  You just said in your previous message that
there's no line length restriction in the content after decoding.

mhfixmsg is trying to take a valid email in and write one out.  The
base64 input is decoded and then tested to see if it can be represented
in another form, e.g. binary, in the output email.  Lines that are too
long is one reason it can't so the conversion doesn't happen.

Ken's `no line length' is, I assume, referring to the output file of
mhstore(1) or similar where you want the original file from the sender
back, outside of any email message.

you clearly explained that I should be able to do that, because the
encoded form follows the RFC specification and the decoded form
doesn't have to.

No, both have to for nmh to process them.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy

--