Re: [Nmh-workers] What OS/Architecture Do You Run nmh On?

2018-02-15 22:41:54

Ken Hornstein wrote:
... So it would be helpful if we supported Maildir as a mailbox
format, because then we could use nmh directly on the backend store
without going through IMAP (to me that suggests that really you want
IMAP support in nmh, but, whatever).  ...

if MH could speak IMAP and if pick(1) could use Sieve, life would be great!

Also, I was curious so I looked at the Dovecot sources; it seems that
if Dovecot notices that the mtime of the new or cur directories has
been updated, it will rebuild the indexes.  Also, it will move messages
from "new" to "cur" when it clears the \Recent flag.

that's the suspenders, as in, belt and suspenders. the belt is, if Dovecot moves a message on its own, it will usually update the index incrementally. the mtime comparison is there to cope with the possibility that some other Maildir client makes changes behind dovecot's back.

--
P Vixie

--
Nmh-workers