Re: [Nmh-workers] What OS/Architecture Do You Run nmh On?

2018-02-17 17:26:43
Can someone with Cyrus IMAP give examples of the file-name metadata.

I know Paul already replied to you, but SINCE I had just looked at that
code for Cyrus-IMAPd I figure it might be useful information.

Mailboxes (or folders if you prefer) consist of individual messages stored
in files in the format "<UID>.".  There are a bunch of databases using
a format called "twoskip" that contain various bits of message metadata.
Also, I belive that Cyrus-IMAPd would get very unhappy if you tried to
manipulate it's message store behind its back.

The web page that Paul posted in his reply to you has a very good
description of how Dovecot uses Maildir; some metadata stored in the
filename are the file's size (to avoid a stat() call), the RFC822 size
(if, for example, the file is stored with Unix line endings), and IMAP
keywords.

Nmh-workers