Re: [Nmh-workers] What OS/Architecture Do You Run nmh On?

2018-02-13 09:19:12
i'd like to provide the MH view via FUSE rather than files-on-disk.
rather than using command line utilities to extract a mime part, i want
to access it by ~/Mail/inbox/135/part1.exe or whatever.

I've already given my thoughts on this, but ... really, if someone wants
to do this, have at it!

But ...

in that world, inc would speak Maildir format

Done!  inc has been able to grok Maildir format for ... over 6 years now.

what seems to have been lost on the other historians here is that mark
ignored MH when he made imap, and that bernstein ignored MH when he made
Maildir -- and both are _better_ than MH for all modern purposes. MH is
now an eddy pool of the e-mail river.

Weeelll ... I know you complained about Mark making messages numbers not
being able to have holes in them; I view UIDs as the compromise there.
But Bernstein ignored MH because he was not trying to invent a MAILBOX
format, he was trying to invent a mailDROP ... really, I went back and
looked.  Yes, I know people now use Maildir as a mailbox, and I think
that's weird, but it wasn't his intention.

Nmh-workers