Re: [Nmh-workers] What OS/Architecture Do You Run nmh On?

2018-02-12 16:43:34
On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 17:35:13 -0500 Ken Hornstein <kenh@pobox.com> wrote:
Ken Hornstein writes:
As I showed, the perf loss via
using GC with nmh is tolerable and this is without doing any
cleanup or code improvement based on profiling.

Errr ... were there some other messages where this assertion was made?
Because my takeway was that with garbage collection it was MUCH MUCH
worse.  Like, "Oh, hell no, of course we're not doing GC!" worse.

There was a fair bit of variability but it was no worse than
twice as slow and often close to par. I will try to check this
out on a mac and see if I get more consistent results. But to
me even twice as slow as a starting point would be fine. The
most time consuming op is pick and its performance is more
dependent on file reading than anything else.

--
Nmh-workers