Re: [Nmh-workers] Blockers for 1.7.1.

2018-02-20 06:46:21
Hi David,

I thought the test should change to handle no iconv, iconv, and
ice-age iconv

As in, now it doesn't handle the no-iconv case?  I went that route in
anticipation of removing support for that, with the benefit of not
having to make the test more complicated.

Right, there's three cases.  No iconv, and modern iconv give the same
output AIUI, so a `check "$expected" "$actual"' is sufficient.  In the
ice-age iconv the expected is known, but different.  The grep partially
covers that, but it could instead just set up different content of
$expected.  And if the grep fails then the test fails, but the user,
Andy IIRC, is left a bit bemused, having to do work to tell us the
answer;  that's what a `sed -n l "$actual"' gave at one point.

But like I say, roll on 1.7.2.
`Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 41 commits.'  :-)

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy

--