Re: [nmh-workers] archival and searching of nmh folders

2019-01-24 07:58:36
Paul Fox writes:
michael wrote:

Anyone running some text search on top of their folders?

you're looking for "mairix".  i install it via debian/ubuntu package,
but google will find you the sources quickly.  it's fantastic.

I know somebody else moved away from mairix, but I just wanted to
note that I set up in about 10 minutes, and it's pretty cool.

The biggest problem I've found is that it (still) doesn't read into
MIME-encrusted email.  That's the feature I **really** need.

It took a little effort to get the search syntax down, but probably,
all you need to know is
   mairix d:30d- searchstring
to search the last month of emails.  Assuming you set up your
.mairixrc correctly, it creates a new MH folder containing (links to)
the emails that matched the search.

--hymie!     http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie
hymie(_at_)lactose(_dot_)homelinux(_dot_)net