Re: [nmh-workers] mhshow: invalid BASE64 encoding in --

2019-03-17 00:12:32
On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 22:14:41 -0600, "Anthony J. Bentley" said:

"mhshow: invalid BASE64 encoding in --"

Since it's a public mailing list, one of these messages is enclosed below.

Yeah that's a reasonable thing to do if you're sending UTF-8/

Ck9uIE1hciAxNiwgMjAxOSA1OjA5IFBNLCBUaG9tYXMgQm9obCA8b3BlbnNtdHBkLW1pc2MtNjQ2

So here we start the UTF-8

bnN1YnNjcmliZSwgc2VuZCBhIG1haWwgdG86IG1pc2MrdW5zdWJzY3JpYmVAb3BlbnNtdHBkLm9y
Zwo+Cg==

And here we finish it..

on
is to repackage the mail as a multipart/related, with the first body part being
the UTF-8 body of the mail, and the second the mailing list's footer.

Somebody should complain to the administrator of that list - mailman has been
able to do this rewrite correctly for aeons now.

Having said that, there's certainly plenty of room in "be lenient what you
accept"
that maybe if we're looking at base64, if we encounter a blank line we toss the
rest of the body part.

(I have an equivalent on my to-do list for exmh for this same issue.)