Re: [nmh-workers] mhshow: invalid BASE64 encoding in --

2019-03-17 16:45:40
I understand that the list is broken (and I've passed this on to the
administrator). But my perspective is this: I've used nmh for eight
years, and while I'm a big fan of the concept, and it has noticeably
improved in usability in that time, it is still difficult. My camel's
back is not broken yet, but it's beginning to buckle under the strain.
I wish nmh would at least try to handle situations that other clients
handle. Being told "that OTHER software is broken" repeatedly might be
technically correct, but it doesn't help me when every mainstream mail
client seems to be at least minimally usable in these situations.

Dude, I feel your pain.  I hope I communicated in my other email that
I think we should do better.  From a practical standpoint ... I try to
balance my desire to re-architecture the MIME code completely (which
would improve lots of things but take a long time) to fixing things in
the short term (which helps people now, but is just adding a Band-Aid
on top of a huge pile of Band-Aids).