Re: [nmh-workers] real basic nmh question

2019-05-22 08:30:02
Hi Ralph,

Yes, that's what happened until I found nmh doesn't use maildir format.
Originally I was trying to set up getmail and nmh and I already have
mutt running.  So next project is to move any content of those three
subdirectories into ~/Mail and loose those subdirectories and in that
way normalize environment for nmh.  You are correct mhparam path returns
Mail for a path.

On Wed, 22 May 2019, Ralph Corderoy wrote:

Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 03:12:36
From: Ralph Corderoy <ralph@inputplus.co.uk>
To: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@panix.com>
Cc: nmh-workers@nongnu.org
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] real basic nmh question

Hi Jude,

What is a user's default nmh directory?

See the output of `mhparam path'; probably ~/Mail.

My folder hierarchy is ~/Mail/inbox/new ~/Mail/inbox/cur ~/Mail/inbox/tmp.

That sounds more like a Maildir arrangement of three directories,
{new,cur,tmp}, for the delivery of mail to your account, all sitting
under ~/Mail/inbox, your +inbox folder.  As if you have two systems
intertwined.