Re: [nmh-workers] real basic nmh question

2019-05-22 11:07:54
Originally I figured nmh used the maildir format but apparently the
maildir format is used by other programs.  I run command line and since
I'm retired tend to test many things in Linux and learn from that
testing too.  Also Linux is my main productivity environment.
I got getmail working when I found most of my braille notes on
.fetchmailrc were gone and decided to try a fetchmail competitor.  I
found in getmail the mboxrd type could be used for the inbox then I
figured I could use nmh with this set up.  Then I found out about the
different formats.  For now, mutt can't even find my inbox but I'm
pretty sure nmh won't have any problems with that.

As an additional note, inc(1) can retrieve mail directly from a POP
server (we don't support IMAP just yet).  It can do TLS and advanced
security.  I mention that only because it might be easier if you want
to reduce the number of moving parts.  You have the same choice when it
comes to sending email; nmh can speak authenticated SMTP directly to
a mail server or you can configure it to speak to a local SMTP server
or sendmail instance.