Re: [nmh-workers] localhost anomaly

2019-06-24 14:23:04
In message <20190624162519.0F8E915D28A@pb-smtp2.pobox.com>,
Ken Hornstein <kenh@pobox.com> wrote:

You're right,  That's it in a nutshell.  I confess that I didn't
even consider the possibility that nmh would be using 587 rather
than 25... although it is certainly more correct for it to use
587 when submitting.

You know, you're not the first person to have been bitten by this.

I feel better already. :-)

It
occurs to me that we should print the port number that we are using in
the error message, as that would provide a hint to people as to what is
going wrong.

That would be (and would have been) most helpful.

Instead of saying failure to connect to "localhost" it would have been most
helpful if the message had said failure to connect to "localhost:587".