Re: [nmh-workers] Formatting HTML to Text: netrik.

2019-06-28 05:47:52
spaceman via nmh-workers wrote:

mhfixmsg does this pretty well I think, you just have to use it in
your procmail rules.

mhfixmsg doesn't have to be invoked from procmail.  I do that so that
I can easily grep my messages, but that's certainly not required.

I use the aliases in doc/nmh/contrib/replaliases by sourcing it from
my .bashrc.  Then, for example, to reply to any message to which I
won't be adding any attachments, I run rtm on the message.  If I
will be adding attachments, I use rt.

The downside is that I sometimes end up editing quoted-printable.
If that's unacceptable, I would think that we could come up with
other ways.

The downside is that you don't get to keep the original email unless
you make a copy of it

You do get to keep it if you want to, see the example in the mhfixmsg
man page.  Other arrangments for keeping the original could also be
handled, I expect limited only by imagination.

David