Re: nmh query

2019-11-04 20:30:44
Robert writes:

At least one recipient field used to be required, when Bcc is the only one,
it had to be be retained (it didn't need to, and shouldn't, contain any
addresses, but the field had to remain).   This requirement seems to have
been deleted, and now a message with no recipient fields is OK, but for
compat with older MUAs (potentially even MTAs) it is still a good idea to
include an empty Bcc: field when there are no To or Cc fields.

Thanks for that explanation.  nmh does retain the (always blank) BCC: in the
blind copies.

Valdis, the non-blind message does not retain any Bcc fields, so no leak there.

I included the following in this message draft:

Bcc: bala@rfob.org,
     Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>,
     "Valdis Kl
I'd be interested to see how much of that makes it through to each of you.

David