Re: 4 of 108 tests failed testing nmh

2019-11-07 10:59:12
 Not sure what you need to know, but this is on a current Devuan 2.0.0
install.  This is what failed:

PASS: test/comp/test-comp-format
Segmentation fault
FAIL: test/dist/test-dist

Huh, I am a little suprised that this failed in so many places; I'm willing
to believe we got something wrong, but I guess I thought this would
have shown up before now.

But ... as to solving this problem ...

First, compile with debugging turned on (CFLAGS=-g and LDFLAGS=-g to
configure).  Be sure you do a "make clean" so you can make sure
everything is built with debugging symbols.

You can run a single test by running:

% make check TESTS="test/dist/test-dist test/cleanup"

The "cleanup" test removes the test working directory, so if you want
to see what is left over then you can omit that.  Since you are getting
segfaults, it might be easiest to turn on core dumps (using something
like "unlimit coredumpsize" or "ulimit coredumpsize", depending on
your shell), run the test to get a core dump, and then running the
debugger on that.  I can give you more information as to how to do
that if you are unfamiliar with that (forgive me for presuming that
you don't know how to do that already; it's very possible you know
this already!).  Once we figure out what is going wrong, we can work
on fixing it.