RE: 4 of 108 tests failed testing nmh

2019-11-07 18:02:48
Hi, and thanks a bunch for being responsive!  No offence on assumptions
about what I know.
Part of my day job is supporting end customers of our code.  :^)

In any case;

devuan is a debian fork without systemd, and relative to me other box
(Centos 6), modern.  I've got
a few RPi's I can try this on if needed.

The source tree is the official one or very close (git clone maybe).

router1_/home/crichmon/Downloads/nmh> gcc --version
gcc (Debian 6.3.0-18+deb9u1) 6.3.0 20170516

The skipped tests are 1/7 because valgrind isn't installed.  The other 6 are
because oauth isn't enabled.
Neither for any particular reason.

I've rebuilt and generated a core file.  That's about where I get lost with
what to do with it.
This is the result of trying:
make check TESTS="test/dist/test-dist"
gdb core
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
"/home/crichmon/Downloads/nmh/core": not in executable format: File format
not recognized
(gdb) q

router1_/home/crichmon/Downloads/nmh> d core
-rw------- 1 crichmon users 667648 Nov  7 15:54 core
router1_/home/crichmon/Downloads/nmh> file core
core: ELF 64-bit LSB core file x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), SVR4-style, from
'dist -noedit -to somebody(_at_)example(_dot_)com', real uid: 1000, effective
uid:
1000, real gid: 1000, effective gid: 1000, execfn:
'/home/crichmon/Downloads/nmh/test/testdir/inst/usr/local/bin/dist',
platform: 'x86_64'

Making the core executable didn't help (same msg).

Thx, Chris