Re: 'comp' broke after fedora upgrade 29->30 | need help w/ Makefile targets

2019-12-10 09:12:13
    Date:        Tue, 10 Dec 2019 08:51:18 -0500
    From:        Ken Hornstein <kenh@pobox.com>

  | There's no general solution to the problem of, "I upgraded my OS/libraries
  | and nmh was linked with an older version of this library",

Actually there is, though it is nothing that can be done here.

OS upgrades should leave old .so.N versions of libraries in place,
rather than deleting them, so user applications (like nmh - whether
installed by compiling, or using a package manager) won't be broken
by the upgrade.

Users can delete old shared libraries when they notice that they haven't
been accessed for a year or two - even if something exists which would
use it, it is obviously not all that important.   A tool could help with
that task, for those users who don't even know shared libraries exist.

kre