Re: vixie out

2019-12-29 19:50:45
Paul Vixie <paul@redbarn.org> writes:

folks, it's been a blast. i used MH from 1985 to 2005 exclusively,
then from 2005 to 2015 in parallel with uw-imapd, and not at all since
mark crispen's death when i moved to dovecot and Maildir.

Dovecot is a server and Maildir is mail storage format. What are you
using as a UI?

i've helped find and fix bugs in the MH library, i regularly tested
and patched the MH (and Kerberos) parts of uw-imap, i even wrote some
hooks (thanks, jon!) for maintaining and using a BDB index for NMH's
folders.

i've operated a 32-bit NMH build server back when i had 32-bit
servers, and i've started a few and joined many discussions as to
software portability and system architecture here.

but i think it's time i admitted that IMAP and MIME are my future, and
that i will probably never use NMH or MH-E again.

Yeah, with all of the security that NASA is adding, my days of fetchmail
and procmail are numbered at work, and with it, MH and MH-E, unless I
can find a way to bridge the gap between the NASA Linux email UI
(Evolution?) and the MH mail store.

you are a great team but it's time i said goodbye. i'm about to answer
the unsubscribe-verify e-mail; i don't see any non-cc'd followups.

And all the best to you.

goodbye all!

--
P Vixie