Re: vixie out

2019-12-29 21:38:59
Ken Hornstein <kenh@pobox.com> wrote:

The new system is Office 365 and all employees are *required* to use
Lookout on their Windows and Mac systems as an MUA using a badge for
authentication. Given that, I'm pessimistic there is an open way to
access NASA email. Linux users currently have a waiver to continue using
IMAP, but that will go away once NASA IT finds a solution. It is likely
to be a dictated MUA (as with the Mac and Windows) rather than a general
mechanism.

Geez, you really should be more up-to-date on the mailing list :-)

We're in agreement there!

I can't promise this will work for you, but this message might be
helpful:

  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/2019-05/msg00029.html

Indeed. If you're still associated with the navy, you're certainly
feeling the same pain, as the requirements come from the NIST, I think.
I'll look forward to trying it when I return to the office. Thanks for
pointing out the thread as I clearly missed it during my skim.

Bill Wohler <wohler@newt.com> aka <Bill.Wohler@nasa.gov>
http://www.newt.com/wohler/, GnuPG ID:610BD9AD