Re: check if message is in a particular sequence?

2021-05-01 12:42:53
Hi Paul,

How's this?  The commands are:
      uip/mark -l
      uip/mark -l -noempty
      uip/mark -l -s big -s cur
      uip/mark -l -s big -s cur -noempty
      uip/mark -l -s big -s cur -s xyzzy
      uip/mark -l -s big -s cur -s xyzzy -noempty
      uip/mark -l 9
      uip/mark -l 9 -noempty
      uip/mark -l -s big -s cur 9
      uip/mark -l -s big -s cur 9 -noempty
      uip/mark -l -s big -s cur -s xyzzy 9
      uip/mark -l -s big -s cur -s xyzzy 9 -noempty

I think the output looks spot on and the tests cover the twelve ways of
combining 3 × 2 × 2 settings.

    Sequence: all existing existing-and-non-existing
    Message: all stated
    Empty: empty noempty

What if ‘uip/mark -l 42’ is done where 42 doesn't exist?  I think that
should complain 42 doesn't exist to be consistent with a mark to add to
a sequence, or a scan of it, and you probably get that behaviour ‘for
free’, but I'm just checking.

Sorry for the extra labour, I realise it's easier to just heckle and lob
empty beer bottles.  :-)

--
Cheers, Ralph.