Re: check if message is in a particular sequence?

2021-05-02 10:23:53
One more thing.

mark has always compressed its output:  "3 4 5 6" becomes "3-6".

It still does so after my changes.  While we were talking about
using existing commands to solve my "check if a message is in
a sequence" problem, it became clear that the range compression
was an impediment.  Now that I've added the ability to explicitly
ask "is message 4 part of sequence foo", range compression isn't
really an issue, but it feels like we should be able to control it.
I'd kind of like to add -terse/-noterse:

    $ uip/mark -l
    big: 9-10
    lots: 7-12

    $ uip/mark -l -noterse
    big: 9 10
    lots: 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thoughts?

(I'd also love to fix the old bug that causes "9 10" to be displayed as
"9-10", but I probably shouldn't.  Someone probably relies on it.)

paul
paul fox, pgf@foxharp.boston.ma.us (arlington, ma, where it's 64.6 degrees)