Re: Problem sending jar file to Windows user

2021-07-05 14:31:35
First: I attached /home/norm/lib/Jar/chart.jar to a draft and then I did
an 's' to whatNow, I got an error message from whatNow. I am very sorry
that I didn't record and don't remember anything about that message.

That ... might be interesting to know what that error message was.
But I am not convinced it was relevant.

Second: I copied /home/norm/lib/Jar/chart.jar to /tmp/,chart.zip and attached

This time whatNow accepted an 's'.  But then I got the an error Email, which
I am attaching to this message.

Hm, well ... good question.  The key message here seems to be:

The response from the remote server was:
554 Message not allowed - [299]

Which is not very helpful!

Googling that suggests that happens a lot when sending to Yahoo, which
is not your recipient.  I am not sure if this is because the jar file
is flagged as malware, missing SPF records in your DNS (one poster
suggested that) or something else.  I don't think this is anything you
can fix, unless maybe renaming the jar file extension would help.