Re: Problem sending jar file to Windows user

2021-07-05 15:11:09
On Mon, 05 Jul 2021 12:22:55 -0700, norm@dad.org said:

Second: I copied /home/norm/lib/Jar/chart.jar to /tmp/,chart.zip and attached

This time whatNow accepted an 's'.  But then I got the an error Email, which
I am attaching to this message.

Final-Recipient: rfc822; csfuhrer@verizon.net
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; mx-aol.mail.gm0.yahoodns.net. (67.195.204.75, the server for
 the domain verizon.net.)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 Message not allowed - [299]

My first guess is that Verizon doesn't allow sending .zip files to its customers
because miscreants send victims stuff that looks like a zip file, but actually
contains malware of various flavors....

If Verizon is lax, renaming the file to ',chart.not-a-zip-at-all' may work.  If
they
actually introspect the contents you'll have to find a way to obfuscate it.
Using S/MIME or PGP encryption would probably do the trick, but can be a
royal pain to set up if you're not already doing crypto....