Re: mhfixmsg character set conversion

2022-02-09 06:40:04
Hi David,

I think Steven says he's running Manjaro which is an Arch Linux spin off, and
Archers prefer to pass on upstream code unaltered where possible.

Do you have any idea where the following warning comes from?

My money's on par(1) given

https://inbox.vuxu.org/voidlinux-github/20191027084150.NZqC6wHlZkyQJ7AkACI7juvuCp0AD_u_IIwftMlDmKs@z/T/

    +  /* Set the current locale from the environment: */
    +
    +    setlocale(LC_ALL,"");
    ++   langinfo = nl_langinfo(CODESET);
    ++   if (!strcmp(langinfo, "ANSI_X3.4-1968")) {
    ++     // We would like to fallback in an 8 bits encoding, but it is not
easily possible.
    ++     //setlocale(LC_CTYPE, "C");
    ++     //langinfo = nl_langinfo(CODESET);
    ++     fwprintf( Err ? stderr : stdout,
    ++         L"Warning: Locale seems not configured\n");
    ++   }

Steven, to confirm, try

    egrep -l 'seems not configured' /usr/bin/par

--
Cheers, Ralph.