Re: merge pick and scan

2022-03-29 09:57:33
david wrote:
Philipp wrote:

In order to do this we could add the -form/-format switches to pick and
make scan a link to pick. To avoid most breakage pick would use "%(msg)"
format by default and scan.default if called as scan. This way only some
scan aliases would break (if -form/-format is not explicitly set for them).

There needs to be really good justification for intentional breakage.
I don't think that departure from the Unix philosophy can be
considered good for nmh.

Agreed.  Can't the scan/pick combo be readily done with a shell
function?

paul
paul fox, pgf@foxharp.boston.ma.us (arlington, ma)