Re: merge pick and scan

2022-03-30 05:12:10
[2022-03-30 10:41] Conrad Hughes <biz_nmh_workers@xrad.org>
I'm somewhat neutral on this — can see the convenience etc. — but here's
a case that is currently unambiguous (because MH commands have side
effects) that might cause complications for general switch parsing:

  refile +foo `pick ... +bar`

.. if pick's args were merged into refile's, then order of arguments
becomes even more significant:

I belive I there is a big missunderstanding. I don't want to add pick's
args to scan (or an other tool). I want to add scan's -form/-format to
pick. So no other tool should be affected. I don't think it's reasonable
to add the pick args to another tool. As David already pointed out this
was seen as `inverted logic' and therefor removed. I don't want to bring
it back.

Philipp