pem-dev

Re: Key selectors

1995-01-04 16:57:00

   >From: Amanda Walker <amanda(_at_)intercon(_dot_)com>
   >Subject: Re: Key selectors
   >Date: Wed, 4 Jan 1995 17:25:08 -0500

   >It's those AOL newbies who are the biggest market for the services we're
   >discussing.  EDI will trundle on its merry way even if we don't come to
   >closure, as will the Post Office (who'll probably ignore the Internet
   >altogether and decide that X.400-84 is the One True Way), and so on.

The USPS has a NASA/NSI installed Internet T1 pipe, actually, and
has instituted Soft*Switch services in a major way. There
is also a creditable Home Page and Web infrastructure now capable of
distributing massive
quantities of certificates to Internet users, and an effective network-layer
security and availability policy in place between the WAN and Corporate-Nets.
The
X.400 88+ service will go on stream in an operational manner shortly.
These and other operations can be managed sufficient to survive a
commercial-service security audit.

   >It's the mass market that will be affected by what we do here more than any
   >other community.

Id expect someone immersed in the mass-market area to know what all
this means for the area of discussion ... to use a Stefism. Its all
public information.