pem-dev

Re: Horse trading, anyone?

1995-01-06 22:49:00
Bob:

However, I want to stress that I am NOT suggesting that we wait for or necessar
buy into all of the various and neat attributes that Warwick and others are in
process of defining or recommending. Many of them, including ways to administer
the chain of PCA-CA hierarchies, will turn out to be very valuable in the end,
extensive debate will probably be required before there is concensus on those
points.

The v3 certificate is on track for formal adoption by both ISO/IEC/ITU and ANSI

in July 1995 and the standard extensions for 1Q96 (with any substantial
technical comments targeted for resolution in the ballot ending June 1995).
Critical comments are most welcome today, but this is no long-term endeavor.

Warwick