pem-dev

Re: RIPEM details

1995-01-13 06:24:00

Whether smart cards are identified by issuer/serial, arbitrary strings,
or the number of partridges in the recipient's pear tree is irrelevant,
as long as there is _some_ way of doing it.  Bob is (I believe) arguing
that issuer/serial is enough.  Maybe it is.  I'd prefer a little more
flexibility in key naming conventions and I'd also prefer naming conventions
that are based on the bozo who owns the key, not the bozo who signed
the key.

Are you saying you are going to use the key selector to encode the
device number of the smart card and where in the smart card the key is
to be found? (!)

- Jeff