pem-dev

Re: Are we a standards committee?

1995-01-15 00:48:00
Amanda, if I understand Ned's comment, it would appear that having publically
put a proposal on the table and offered to write up the necessay changes, you
have now privately withdrawn your proposal? It might be nice if you would
explain your reasoning to the rest of the group.

I have not withdrawn my proposal; however, I think you drew some conclusions
from it that I did not intend.

I was not meaning to propose changes to the syntax, only to the prose.
I continue to hold my position that the document should be concerned
only with representational issues, not policy.  My ideas about editing
the text surround making this more explicit than it is currently, since
evidently not everyone thinks it is currently as clear as Jim, Ned, and
I do.

Amanda Walker
InterCon Systems Corporation