pem-dev

Re: Are we a standards committee?

1995-01-14 17:26:00
Ned writes:

I'm responding to this note because I think its important. Note, however, that
there no longer appears to be a proposal on the table that calls for the
removal of the non-cert mechanisms from MIME/PEM. As such, this is now
an entirely academic discussion as far as I'm concerned, one which has
little if anything to do with the current MIME/PEM specification.

Amanda, if I understand Ned's comment, it would appear that having publically
put a proposal on the table and offered to write up the necessay changes, you
have now privately withdrawn your proposal? It might be nice if you would
explain your reasoning to the rest of the group.

Ned, since I was the one who first proposed the changes that Amanda described,
I'm not sure that I understand how you can conclude that such a proposal is no
longer on the table. Do I have to hold my mouth in a certain way, or say "Simon
says?"

Or do only certain people have standing to propose changes? If so, could you
provide a list of who you consider the Vestal virgins to be?

Bob