pem-dev

Re: X.509 v3 support

1995-01-19 08:13:00
This has even more meaning from a vendor's perspective. Let's say that I
implement v3 certs in my product and start using them. A customer buys
my product and finds that my use of v3 certs does not interoperate properly
with some old product that doesn't support them. I look into this and
tell the customer that the other product doesn't have the necessary support
in it. The customer contacts the other vendor and tells them this. The
vendor responds by citing chapter and verse from RFC1422 about how no
support for v3 certs is required. This brings the customer back to me, and
I get to solve the problem for them somehow. This is how the real world
works on such things.

I agree. Must be something in the water. :-)

Bob

Robert R. Jueneman
GTE Laboratories
40 Sylvan Road