pem-dev

Re: A brief comparison of email encryption protocols

1996-02-23 02:17:00
At 11:29 PM 2/20/96, Ned Freed wrote:

                               If someone wants to write a document describing
the application of various security nestings and their implications, I have no
problem with that. But not in the protocol itself.

    So long as the standard explicitly referenced that external
document describing why you might want to do certain things in a
certain order, I would have no problem with that.  But for a
standard to talk exclusively about things like seperable signing
and encrypting without discussing (somehow) the various
interactions, would be a mistake from an
implementation/interoperability standpoint (IMHO).

--
Brad Knowles,                                       MIME:
brad(_at_)his(_dot_)com

The comp.mail.sendmail FAQ is at
<http://www.his.com/~brad/sendmail/>