perl-i18n

Re: Announcing Locale::Maketext::Gettext

2003-04-26 01:51:34
On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 13:07:37 -0800
"Sean M. Burke" <sburke(_at_)cpan(_dot_)org> wrote:
At 10:17 PM 2003-04-25 +0800, imacat wrote:
Excellent!  I'm always happy when new ways to wrap up Maketext are thought
up.  And Maketext very often needs wrapping of one kind or another, whether
systematic, or in the sort of ad-hoc ways I used here and there in the
Apache::MP3::L10N::* modules.

    Thank you. ^_*'  It's an honor to have your praise.

(By the way, I've never seen modules end with "return 1;" before -- but
obviously it works, yes?  I tend to use just "1;" instead.

    They should both mean the same thing.  It's my own habit.  I know it
conflicts with most practice here, and I know the principle here is "the
shorter, the clearer".  It's just a current personal choice, perhaps.
It's weird to see a single 1 left alone for me.  A "return" reminds me
what this line is for, so that I will not delete it accidently.  I may
change my choice in the future. ^^;

Also, I have
the "no strict 'refs';" not for the whole module, but just in each block
that needs it.)

    Well, I don't like "no strict 'refs';", either.  It was originally
that way, using "no strict qw(refs);" only when required.  But this
interferes with me when Locale::Maketext::Gettext is under development.
I may insert a ${"$class\::Lexicon"} here and a ${"$class\::Lexicon"}
there, and forgot to put a "no use qw(refs);" before them.  It's
troublesome to trace these errors.  The truth is: Locale::Maketext uses
class varibles all around.  In order to work with Locale::Maketext I
need "no use qw(refs);" everywhere.  Then, why don't I face the fact,
that it is required by the design of this whole class, but not by those
single lines?  I like to be strictest, but I can accept the reality, too.
^_*'

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <imacat(_at_)mail(_dot_)imacat(_dot_)idv(_dot_)tw>

Tavern IMACAT's: http://www.imacat.idv.tw/