perl-unicode

Re: In-Band Information Considered Harmful

1998-10-25 15:50:53
According to Joshua Pritikin:
But isn't this the whole point of moving the C++?  We will more easily be
able to do multiple implementations for similar interfaces?

That's a decision we could reach.  But my opinion is that, as a first
principle, separating data and metadata results in a better design.
And I can't believe that an efficient RE implementation is possible
without the RE engine knowing whether metadata are inline or not.
--
Chip Salzenberg               - a.k.a. -
<chip(_at_)perlsupport(_dot_)com>