perl-unicode

Re: In-Band Information Considered Harmful

1998-10-25 16:04:49
According to Nick Ing-Simmons:
Well "find the next word which is not in same font as I am currently using"
is something my PostScript renderer does do.

Wouldn't it rather iterate through blocks of text with identical metadata?
Isn't that the primitive you'd prefer to build on?

Which is markup - to divide input into tokens.

I disagree.  Anything that is done for strictly semantic reasons can't
sanely be called "markup".  But perhaps we've gone too far into
angel-counting.
--
Chip Salzenberg               - a.k.a. -
<chip(_at_)perlsupport(_dot_)com>