perl-unicode

Re: Unicode aware module

1999-06-14 00:58:50
Ilya Zakharevich <ilya(_at_)math(_dot_)ohio-state(_dot_)edu> writes:
My argument is that attaching wideness to
data instead of the code we can make wideness *transparent* without
sacrifying performance for the operations which do not *require*
wideness.

At the abstract level that makes a lot of sense.
It certainly maps better onto Win32 "Unicode" API (not that that should
be taken as proof of its superiority in any way whatsoever).

--
Nick Ing-Simmons <nik(_at_)tiuk(_dot_)ti(_dot_)com>
Via, but not speaking for: Texas Instruments Ltd.