perl-unicode

Re: possible regexp feature for 5.6: "ignore diacritics"

1999-10-18 02:15:41
Windows 2000 is coming with all languages, and if you do not give 100% correct this will lead to re-enventing the work, since you have traditional documents that will not accept but perfect i.e Arabic Koran, why should you program in void?

Just to to reflect: These scholar Grammer+Algorithms will not accept but 100% (smile) "Grammer" came from the work of Ibn Ajroum an Arabic scholar known as al (the) ajrumia [that of ibn ajroum] still the best reference to arabic grammer, where he said if a word has a time connection it is a verb otherwise it is a noun ..etc

"Algorithm" came from Ibn Algwarithmy who established the scince of logic [Mantiq]

For more read "Aspects of Islamic Civilization" by Areberry the former head of Oxford middle East studies and late Arabic prof at Cairo Uni

From: Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi>
To: Erik Bertelsen <erik(_at_)mediator(_dot_)uni-c(_dot_)dk>
CC: Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi>, perl5-porters(_at_)perl(_dot_)org, perl-unicode(_at_)perl(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: possible regexp feature for 5.6: "ignore diacritics"
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 11:14:02 +0300 (EET DST)

Erik Bertelsen writes:
I am not reaching for a definition that would be 100% correct for all
the possible languages simultaneously; I'm looking for a good enough
definition that would work for most of the cases, and I think the Unicode
database gives us just that.