perl-unicode

Re: ICU's uconv vs Linux iconv and UTF-8

2002-02-01 07:58:03

    Dan> FYI I have reported this brain-dead mapping problem to Unicode
    Dan> Consortium but never got an answer.  Well, they are not public
    Dan> society in a way they charge for the membership to say anything.  One
    Dan> of the reasons so many Japanese love to hate Unicode...

This kind of false information is why many Japanese continue to love to hate
Unicode.  If you were actually on the Unicode mailing list, you wouldn't be
repeating garbage like this.

Sign up and send a message about the mapping tables.  You will get an answer.
Mark Leisher                        Orthodoxy, of whatever color, seems to
Computing Research Lab              demand a lifeless, imitative style.
New Mexico State University
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL                  -- Politics and the English Language,
Las Cruces, NM  88003                     George Orwell