perl-unicode

Re: ICU's uconv vs Linux iconv and UTF-8

2002-02-01 08:57:46

    Dan> As I addressed to unicode(_at_)unicode(_dot_)org, Yet another problems
that
    Dan> ftp://ftp.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/EASTASIA/ is now gone so I
    Dan> don't have a practical way to check the mapping.  I want the mapping
    Dan> back!

*Sigh*  Readme.txt, which *is* in the Public/MAPPINGS/EASTASIA/ directory
states:

"The entire former contents of this directory are obsolete and have been
 moved to the OBSOLETE directory.  The latest information may be found
 in the Unihan.txt file in the latest Unicode Character Database.
 August 1, 2001."

Mark Leisher                        Orthodoxy, of whatever color, seems to
Computing Research Lab              demand a lifeless, imitative style.
New Mexico State University
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL                  -- Politics and the English Language,
Las Cruces, NM  88003                     George Orwell