perl-unicode

Re: 5.8 roadmap and Encode

2002-02-28 06:38:38
On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 08:07:47PM +0900, Dan Kogai wrote:
  5.7.3 schedule is okay but 5.8.0 RC1 seems too fast when Encode is
concerned.  As you know Chinese (both Traditional and Simplified)
remains kaputt

Alas, that was false alarm on my part; they both work (reasonably).

Traditional Chinese works now after jhi's import of my big5.enc.

Simplified Chinese texts works wirh the euc-cn multibyte encoding
(verified against the spec) -- It's just iconv think the same encoding
as 'gb2312', while Tcl's gb2312 is (as N-IS pointed out) a rarely used
16bit-only format. Maybe we should document it somewhere.

and no report was there for Korean.

Can't offer much help here, sorry. :(

/Autrijus/