perl-unicode

Re: The -san is normal addressing in Japanese like Mr.

2002-03-25 05:06:54
- something to give honor to a person, like 'de' in French
 language or Esq. in Britain (like John Smith, Esq. - short
 of esquire)

'de' in French is quite different. The particle was given to aristocrats
and became part of the name, it's not something you add to show respect.

I guess than 'san' and 'sama' is closer to 'vous' (which is adressing
someone as if hei/she was a group of people).

Well, English is nice because it lost all of that stuff (but in old
English there was thee and thou)

Ah well, maybe we should all speak perl :-)
perl -e 'study while time and die happy'

Cheers,
--
IT'S TIME FOR A DIFFERENT KIND OF WEB
  Jean-Michel Hiver - Software Director