perl-unicode

Re: [Encode] How to support (Apple's) compound Unicode characters?

2002-04-01 03:36:42
Dan Kogai <dankogai(_at_)dan(_dot_)co(_dot_)jp> writes:
  I think I have found the reason why some of the encodings were missing
from Tcl's *.enc, which later turned into *.ucm.
  Apple makes use of Unicode compound characters too extensively, which
doesn't go well with .ucm, not to mention *.enc

encengine can convert UTF-8 sequences for sequences of
characters - but .ucm would need tweaking to allow
multiple <UNNNN>:

<UNNNN><UMMMM> \xYYYY

We would have to be "sure" that Unicode was normalized as well.

--
Nick Ing-Simmons
http://www.ni-s.u-net.com/