perl-unicode

Re: Encode API

2002-04-10 12:16:09
On Thursday, April 11, 2002, at 03:56 , Tatsuhiko Miyagawa wrote:
At Wed, 10 Apr 2002 09:05:55 -0700,
Daisuke Maki wrote:

I do realize it's a style issue. I don't feel particularly strongly
about this, but it just seems odd that a core module would do this.

I was going to write "Why not define your own OO layer for Encode.pm,
like Encode::Encoder?" But I noticed there *is* already a
Encode::Encoder class.

  Encode::Encoder -- Object Oriented Encoder

;)

I've outsmarted you guys ;)
Contributions still verrrrrrrry welcome if there is something left to add (POD can be elaborated, for one thing). t/Encoder.t actually implements Encode::Base64 that way internally.

Dan the Encode Maintainer/Encode::Encoder Author