perl-unicode

Re: Encode.pm question

2003-05-15 02:30:07
On Thursday, May 15, 2003, at 09:40  AM, Mark J. Reed wrote:
Sorry, I'm having trouble getting at CPAN at the moment;
Hope this isn't the wrong place to ask this question.

Not very wrong since Encode is part of perl core. For unicode-specific questions, there is yet another list called perl-unicode(_at_)perl(_dot_)org(_dot_)

Has anyone implemented UTF-7 within Encode yet?  I noticed
it doesn't come with 5.8 by default, and thought I would check before
implementing it myself.

You are right. Encode does not have UTF-7 since I reckoned virtually no one is using it :) And so far as I see there is no CPANized module that does that, though Punycode is already implemented in Encode::Punycode by Tatsuhiko Miyagawa.

So be our guest. Go ahead implement one. You should use Encode::Encoding as a base class as documented in perldoc Encode::Encoding.

Dan the Encode Maintainer