perl-unicode

Re: ANNOUNCE: Unicode::Collate::allkeys v 3.1.1.1

2003-05-15 15:30:09

On Thu, 15 May 2003 11:11:49 -0400
Ben Bennett <fiji(_at_)ayup(_dot_)limey(_dot_)net> wrote:

Thank you for that example, but I think we are talking at cross
purposes.

I think my real question is: do you think anyone has installed a
custom file named allkeys.txt to act as the site-wide default
collation order?

What I mean is allkeys.txt has not always the same content.
It has the difference of the version.
E.g. allkeys.txt distributed in the period of version 8 of UTS#10
is different from that in its version 9 (current version).

E.g., in 3.2.1 File Format, UTS #10,

http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr10/#File_Format

the primary weight of U+0041 is 0x06D9.
That is a value in an older version.

In current allkeys.txt,
the primary weight of U+0041 is 0x0A15.

0041  ; [.0A15.0020.0008.0041] # LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A

Suppose someone wants to order a character is next to 'A'.
The primary weight of that character may be assigned
as 0A16 for the current table, but such a tailoring is
not ok for the older one.

Parhaps that for version 10 (next version) will be
entirely different from the current version.

If they have then I don't want to stomp on it.

              -ben

SADAHIRO Tomoyuki