perl-unicode

Re: i know it's utf-8, how can i force perl to see it that way

2003-06-17 02:30:04
On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 06:00:36PM +0100, Tim Bunce wrote:
On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 02:37:23PM +0200, Brigitte Jellinek wrote:
[stuff deleted about writing unicode to mysql and reading it back]

The high bit has been lost from some of those bytes.

Probably need to solve that before worrying about flagging the
string as utf8 (for which Encode::_utf8_on(...) is okay).

yes, you're right.

I'm taking this over to the dbi-userss mailing list as Tim suggested,
if enyone's intrested in following this: I keep a journal
at http://perlwelt.horus.at/Beispiele/Magic/PerlUnicodeMysql/
about what works/doesn't work with mysql + perl + unicode.

--
Brigitte        'I never met a chocolate I didnt like'        Jellinek
bjelli(_at_)horus(_dot_)com