perl-unicode

Re: gmake (perl-5.8.6) fails on z/OS

2005-07-26 07:55:38

--- Nicholas Clark <nick(_at_)ccl4(_dot_)org> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 07:22:55AM -0700, rajarshi
das wrote:
Hi,
I made the following modifications to utf8.c :
#ifdef EBCDIC
      uv = NATIVE_TO_UTF(uv);
#endif

Where in utf8.c? Your description of what you
changed is inadequate for
anyone else to understand the context of your
change.

The change is in the fn Perl_utf8n_to_uvuni :
-------------------

#define UTF8_WARN_LONG                           8
#define UTF8_WARN_FFFF                           9 /*
Also FFFE. */

    if (curlen == 0 &&
        !(flags & UTF8_ALLOW_EMPTY)) {
        warning = UTF8_WARN_EMPTY;
        goto malformed;
    }
#ifdef EBCDIC   /* the change */
      uv = NATIVE_TO_UTF(uv);
#endif          /* the change ends here */

    if (UTF8_IS_INVARIANT(uv)) {
        if (retlen)
            *retlen = 1;
        return (UV) (NATIVE_TO_UTF(*s));
    }

I tried redoing it with a clean build, but it
still
fails.

Why does configpm generate errors ?

I don't know. I don't fully understand the workings
of how perl's UTF-8
implementation is supposed to work on EBCDIC
platforms.

1: Is that the only change you've made to the source
code?
I have other changes in utf8.c, but the build happens
fine with them (and without the change mentioned
above).

2: Without that change, how does your build fail?
It doesnt fail.
How do the errors differ?

Nicholas Clark

Thanks,